20 February 2010

Springtime in Dublin,Trip to the City to get the Manure.



























































I went into the City to get a few Plants and some Manure for the Garden as it is that time of the Year when things start to grow again. It is great to see all the Cyclists on the Road now instead of the way it was ten Years ago with few if any one on a Bike. When you arrive at the Traffic Lights now you are surrounded by a Gaggle of Cyclists and you can strike up a conversation about all the problems with bad Drivers and Potholes and the bad Infrastructure in Dublin. There is a Community of Cyclists in Dublin now it is great.

Pic 1 Potatoe's waiting to Chit before Planting,
Pic 2 Dinner when I got Home from the City White Cabbage and Potato and A Piece of Grilled Cod with Fennel Seeds and two Glasses of Chardonnay La Porte D'or Lovely,Biking makes you very Hungry,
Pic 3 on the way Home at the Five Lamps on the Nth Strand made Famous by Phil Lynnotts Song Thin Lizzie The Five Lamps Boys,
Pic 4 nearly being Hit by a Car Encroaching on the Micky Mouse Cycle Lane,actually it was not as bad as it looked I had plenty of time to stop,
Pic 5 Bicycling Family outside the Bank at Marino Mart in Fairview,presumably waiting for Mum to come out. The Bike at the Kerb is an Old Messenger Bike used for Advertising,
Pic 6 on the way Home Uphill on the Malahide Road.
Pic 7 Sign Combined Bus Lane and Cycle Lane only applicable at Rush Hour,
Pic 8 4.5 Kilo Box of Pelleted Poultry Manure,nice and clean not Pongy.

6 comments:

l' homme au velo said...

I am sorry I cannot reply,because I do not know what you are saying .I tried to translate it but could not. Thank's for your Comment.

Anonymous said...

I will see if I can get this translated.

I have got to get some manure for my veggie garden soon. But, I have to dig it first and the weather has been awful. I may have to trudge over the fields with my bike and I am not looking forward to that, sadly it is easier with a 4x4:-)

Then I need to get some potatoes too. I love potatoes. I am looking forward to working in the garden this year.

Velochick

l' homme au velo said...

Hi Velochick,
I suppose where you live at least the Manure is free they just cant give it away . However the advantage of living in a City is you can buy small Boxes of the Stuff in Pelleted form. There is another Place in Francis Street in Dublin that sells small Bags of Dried Manure that is very handy as well. I could also Order Bags of Manure and it would be delivered but I would be loaded down with the Messy Stuff ,there would be to much. There are Farms not to far away from me about two Miles but you would need a Car or that 4+4 to get it Home.

I can Translate Web Pages but I could not do it on this Blog. This is the second time I got a Reply in Chinese from this Person.

Some Neighbour told me that they used ordinary Potatoe's for Growing ,they just let them Chit and put them down in the usual way and they were terrific they said. I got Blight Resistant Organic Seed Potatoe's. They are twice as Dear as Ordinary Seed Potatoe's but I had no problems the last time I grew them.
It would be interesting to know what is being said in Chinese ,Thanks very much if you can Translate it.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say but that the Chinese message is SPAM, it is apparently going on about working at a college.

Velochick

l' homme au velo said...

Thanks Velochick,I was afraid it might be Defammatory or some sort of Insult,who knows.

l' homme au velo said...

I will remove it.