14 June 2009

1st Irish National Bike Week 14th - 21 June 2009

It was a Beautiful Day for the start of Bike Week 21 Celsius. With Threats of Thunderstorms that never Arrived ,we have been promised Thunderstorms for Two Days now. They got it in the West of the Country but we have been Lucky so far. Starting Today in the Phoenix Park Beside The Papal Cross , Where Pope John Paul Had a Mass back in 1979, Bike week will continue for a Week from 14th - 21 St of June. I brought along my Dutch Azor Pastoor Fiets Kruisframe/ Crossframe Priests Bike and this is it bringing Home a Mower and some Compost the other Day. I took Part in the Tour around the Phoenix Park 10 K, and the Slalom Event I got a HI VIZ Vest for the Slalom Event. I also Joined the Cycling Group who are trying to Improve the Cycling Infrastructure in Dublin by putting Pressure on the Government, Dublin Cycling Campaign or D. C. C.

The Pictures,

Childs Raleigh Chopper with the Irish Flag Pic 1

I got this Pic of me with my Dutch Bike waiting to take part in the Slalom Course from the Bike Week Site . I am slouched over the Handlebars Added on 16 /4/09Pic 2

BMX Assault Course going up the Ramp Demo by Extreme Action . com from the UK Pic 3

Childrens Raleigh Choppers ,one with th Irish Flag pic 4

Childs Caboose at back of Bike Pic 4

Moulton Bike Pic 5

My Dutch Bike at Artane Cottages with Organic Mower and Compost ,I brought this to the Phoenix Park Pic 6.

Slalom Course Pic 7.

Playing Cricket ,Cricket Club, you could watch this together with the Horse Polo if you got fed up with the Bikes 8.

HI VIZ Vest. 9

Chinese Girl Displaying Her Electro Bikes from their Shop on Capel Street 10.

Slalom Course 11.

Bmx Bikes 12

KronanBike with Trailer and a Gas Barbeque Cooker Bolted on to it 13.

Spanish Girl Official with a Bike that is getting a Free Check up 14.

Penny Farthing and a Chopper 15.

Man Displaying Mobility Impaired Bikes for Sale, they are a New type to Ireland and have a Premises in Baggot Street 16.
Display of Bikes for Sale and two of them ,one is a Pashly Governor and another is a Sovereign 17.

Crowds of People it was a Family Day out mostly 18.
Ice Cream Bike 19.

Bicycle made for Two, Tandem, I think the Man might have been Blind ,I did not ask him 20.

The Tour around the Park 10 k Supporting Barnardo's Childrens Charity.

Lot of Events all around the Country for a Week, with a Bicycle Ride around Dublin City at 7 pm on Wednesday the 17th of June and also the Wicklow 200.

http// www. bike week

No comments: